2023 Summer Camps
Shu Ren Mandarin Immersion Summer Camps
Summer Camp General Information
Shu Ren's summer camps are carefully designed to engage all levels of Mandarin language learners in a fun and engaging environment. We offer 3 sessions for 2 age groups. Commitment to the entire duration of a given session is required. As an example, if you register for Session 1, this will include 3 weeks worth of camp.
Summer Camp Hours
Regular Camp hours: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Extended Care hours:
- Berkeley Campus 7:30 am - 8:30 am and 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- San Jose Campus 8:00 am - 8:30 am and 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Summer Camp Fees (Tuition / Extended Care)
Session 1: June 19, 2023 –July 7, 2023, no camp on July 4 ($1,400 / $280)
Session 2: July 10, 2023 –July 28, 2023 ($1,500 / $300)
Session 3: July 31, 2023 –Aug 11, 2023 ($1,000 / $200)
Summer Camp Registration
Registration is now open to public registration. It's first come first serve.
Summer Camp Overview
Pre-K Ni Hao Mandarin Summer Camp (ages 2-4 years old by session start date)
Children will learn Mandarin through engaging, immersion-based, hands-on activities. No prior Mandarin skills are needed. Language of instruction will be in Mandarin with English support for beginning Mandarin learners.
- Pre-K Session 1: Chinese Music Explorations (Berkeley campus: Full)*
- Pre-K Session 2: Nature Explorations. (Berkeley campus: Full)*
- Pre-K Session 3: Chinese Art Explorations. (Berkeley campus: Full)*
K-3 Global Explorers Mandarin Summer Camp (incoming Kindergartners or ages 5-9 years old by session start date)
Campers will learn Mandarin through the lens of inquiry, as they engage in hands-on activities that explore scientific discoveries, visual and culinary art from around the world. This camp is for new learners of Mandarin as well as children with a Mandarin language background who want to maintain or improve their language development. Some portions may be taught in English depending on the specialists, or as appropriate for our learners.
- K-3 Session 1: Culture Arts Explorations
- K-3 Session 2: Science Explorations
- K-3 Session 3: Culinary Explorations (Berkeley campus: Full)*
* contact email@example.com to be added to the waitlist
We look forward to a fun filled summer with you! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.